This Privacy Statement governs Customer Information we collect from our customers and online users ("you"), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits (e.g. data collected via cookies).
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, "Business Partner" means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information.
Information We Collect
"Customer Information" means information that identifies you, such as your name, business name, telephone number, address and email address. We may ask you to provide Customer Information when you:
- Use our websites;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers or information;
- Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars;
- Apply for financing or payment terms;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Subscribe to newsletters, Four Hands programs, promotional emails or other materials;
- Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV or create a candidate profile; or
- Contact us.
When you make a purchase, you may provide your credit card number and billing information. Job applicants may be asked to provide information such as educational background, employment experience and job interest. We may also collect demographic information, interests, and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
We may collect information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Four Hands websites. We may also collect certain information from the browser you used to come to our website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and to which URL you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Four Hands, information collected through one source may be combined with information Four Hands obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our websites. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties.
How We Use Customer Information
Four Hands uses your Customer Information to:
- Carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, such as product information, your transaction status including order confirmations, information about products available from Four Hands and its subsidiaries, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate communications from Four Hands Business Partners;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our website(s), our business(es), or our products; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
Customer Information collected may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Four Hands or its subsidiaries or Business Partners maintain facilities.
Disclosing Customer Information
We may share your Customer Information with subsidiaries or Business Partners to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business or that of our subsidiaries more responsive to your needs, which includes our subsidiaries providing you with information about Four Hands, and Four Hands-branded products and services. These communications may include requests relating to Four Hands and Four Hands-branded products or services or offers. We will only share your Customer Information with Business Partners who agree to protect your Customer Information and use it solely for the purposes set forth by Four Hands.
In addition, Four Hands may share your Customer Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for Four Hands products.
We may also disclose your Customer Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if Four Hands (or a part of Four Hands) is sold or merges with another company; or if Four Hands reasonably believes it is necessary to protect Four Hands, its customers or the public.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your Customer Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for:
- protecting any account and password information applicable to your use of our websites;
- restricting the use and access to your computer, smartphone, or other device used to access our websites; and
- any activity that occurs under your account due to your failure to protect such information.
How You Can Access Your Information
Four Hands wants to help you keep your Customer Information accurate. To view or edit your Customer Information that has been stored online in your Four Hands account, please visit the My Account section of Marketplace.FourHands.com. For the security of your account, you will be required to sign in with your customer ID and password. If you have any questions about the type of Customer Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Customer Information we hold about you, please send a written request to [email protected] or the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences and Opting Out of Marketing
Any marketing by Four Hands, or any third parties on behalf of Four Hands, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include, where applicable, methods to allow you to express your preferences.
How We Secure Your Customer Information
Four Hands takes all reasonable steps to protect your Customer Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- maintaining appropriate PCI compliance such as ensuring that credit card details are not stored on Four Hands systems. Credit card information is maintained by Four Hand’s payment processor subject to heightened PCI security standards;
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Customer Information secure; and
- where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Customer Information.
Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information
Four Hands takes children's privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through our websites. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer's hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Four Hands' essential features, including allowing you to save a Shopping Cart and remembering items in your Shopping Cart between visits. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Four Hands websites and services that depend on cookies.
Targeted Display Advertising
Targeted Email Marketing by Four Hands
When you use our websites, you are communicating with Four Hands. If you provide your email to Four Hands, you agree to receive electronic communications related to the purpose for which you provided the email. Four Hands may communicate with you by email or by posting notices on our websites. You agree that all such communications meet any legal rule that those communications be in writing. Four Hands may provide notices to you via email or by posts on our websites, and those notices are effective on the date that Four Hands sends or posts them.
Some marketing you receive, including email marketing, may also be personalized based on your visits to Four Hands websites and your browsing and purchase history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing you receive, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view and purchase on Four Hands websites. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message you receive.
How We and Our Partners Use Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology
Four Hands or its Business Partners may use web beacons on our websites, in our email messages, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others' email messages.
A web beacon is an electronic image that can be used to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view a web page or email message. Web beacons help us measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising in various ways. For example, web beacons may count the number of individuals who visit our website from a particular advertisement or who make a purchase from our website after viewing a particular advertisement or they may tell us when a web page is viewed and provide a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Web beacons may also measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message, determining when an email message is opened and determining how many times an email message is forwarded. Subject to local laws, we may combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other Customer Information we have collected from you.
You can make some web beacons unusable by rejecting cookies in your web browser as described above.
When you visit our websites or view one of our email messages, we may use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our websites. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through web beacons, pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your Customer Information to personalize your experience on Four Hands websites and to provide you with more useful and relevant advertisements.
Social Media Features
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Please be aware that Four Hands provides links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Customer Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to Four Hands websites are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
License Disclaimer and Use Restrictions
Nothing on any Four Hands website gives you any license under any Four Hands or third party intellectual property rights. All intellectual property rights in our websites belong to Four Hands or other parties that licensed their material to Four Hands. Subject to these Terms, Four Hands grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive right to access and use our websites and the materials and information on our websites (“Four Hands Content”). This limited license is only for your personal noncommercial use, or for use within the scope of performing your obligations as a Four Hands Reseller. You must keep Four Hands’ proprietary notices on any copies you make of Four Hands Content. Unauthorized use of Four Hands Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, communications, or other laws. You are responsible to Four Hands for your unauthorized use of Four Hands Content. This right terminates automatically if you breach any part of these Terms. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any Four Hands Content in your possession or control. Other than as stated above, you must not:
- change, alter, copy, distribute, republish, download, display, post, or send the Four Hands Content in any form or by any means without Four Hands’ or the copyright owner’s prior written permission, or as further limited by any other agreements with Four Hands such as a Reseller Agreement or an agreement to access the Four Hands Showroom;
- use our websites or Four Hands Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms;
- use our websites to solicit any activity that is illegal or may infringe upon the rights of others;
- “mirror” or “frame” any Four Hands Content on any other device without Four Hands’ written permission;
- use the Four Hands Content to benchmark any Four Hands Content against any other person’s or entity’s products, services or information; or
- use the Four Hands Logo or any other Four Hands trademark as a "hot" link to any part of our websites unless Four Hands approves that use in writing.
The copyright in all material provided on our websites is held by Four Hands LLC, its subsidiaries, or by the original creator of the material. Except as stated herein, none of the material may be copied. reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Four Hands or the copyright owner.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement or make any material changes to how we use your Customer Information, we will revise this Privacy Statement to reflect such changes and revise this Privacy Statement's effective date, included at the end of this section. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are using and protecting your Customer Information.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at the following address:
Four Hands LLC
Customer Care, 2090 Woodward St., Austin, TX 78744
You may also email us at [email protected]
Effective Date: June 1, 2019.