Four Hands is a dynamic furniture design and distribution company located in Austin, Texas. We are looking to fill a key role in our fast paced customer service model. For a transformational leader who thrives on innovation, analytics and taking a growing organization to the next level, this is a great opportunity.
We want a Rock Star operational leader who is familiar with state of the art practices and techniques at leading distribution companies. If you know and appreciate how top tier companies operate their fulfillment systems and networks, then you have a good idea of what we are looking for in this role.
A strong candidate will be a strategic leader with a tactical mindset that will be able to elevate Four Hands’ warehouse environments to best in class. This person will be expected to drive improvements across the Operations segment and be a change agent within their department. This role will have a measurable impact on Four Hands’ ability to deliver our products to our customers in an efficient and successful manner. The Distribution Center Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations.
- Direct the activities and oversee the day-to-day operations of multiple warehouses
- Develop warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process workflow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing change
- Limit inventory risks throughout operation by insuring:
- All department processes and procedures are followed and updated, as needed
- Building security processes and procedures are established, followed and are CTPAT compliant
- Regular cycle counts and audits occur
- Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within inbound and outbound warehouse operations
- Knowledgeable in current DC Management trends
- Establish and report on warehouse metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Track record in an automated warehouse environment/WMS systems experience
- Manage hiring, training and supervision of warehouse operations staff
- Establish goals, operational procedures, objectives and position responsibilities for direct reports
- Analyze operations and develop/recommend/implement continuous operational improvements
- Establish, meet, track and report on operational budgets and goals
- Monitor and maintain all trucks and warehouse equipment to include PM schedules, DOT files, and carrier requirements
- Own local vendor relations and contract negotiations
- Insure compliance with all local and federal agencies including but not limited to OSHA, TWC, AFD and the City of Austin
- Manage work schedules according to fluctuating customer demand
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment for employees
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. MBA/MS or relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Extensive warehouse/distribution center operations experience with a track record of process improvement including a minimum 3 to 5 years of complete responsibility for warehouse operations
- Self-directed individual who is able to work in an environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal and external customers
- Experience working effectively in complex organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents and often working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Vast WMS experience to include selection and implementation.
- Able to manage, lead and develop operational staff
- Proactive and decisive leader with excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with LEAN practices
- Solid financial and analytical skills including sound business judgement
- Passionate advocate for continuous improvement and customer service
- Highly developed and disciplined in work ethic, accountability and follow through
- Superior organizational skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Furniture experience a plus
- Third-party logistics experience a plus
- Six-Sigma Black Belt a plus